"If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Daniel is the CEO of Earth Deeds - a social venture which provides online tools to measure and transform environmental impacts and to support community-based sustainability projects.
He is also a founding Director of Living Routes which partnered with the University of Massachusetts to run pioneering study abroad programmes based in ecovillages.
Founding member of Gaia Education, he currently acts as the President of the Global Ecovillage Network.
||President, GEN; CEO, Earth Deeds
||The Gambia 2015,
- Ecovillages - Chapter in Achieving Sustainability: Visions, Principles, and Practices, ed. Debra Rowe, 2014
- Academia’s Hidden Curriculum and Ecovillages as Campuses for Sustainability Education Chapter in J. Lockyer and J. R. Veteto, (Eds.) Environmental Anthropology Engaging Ecotopia: Bioregionalism, Permaculture, and Ecovillages, 2013
- The Myth of Climate Neutrality: Carbon Onsetting as an Alternative to Carbon Offsetting
with Clara Changxin Fang. Sustainability: The Journal of Record April 2015
- Study Abroad, Sustainable Communities, and Ecovillage Design
Keynote presentations as part of the “Wake Up and Dream” Speaker Series at Oklahoma State University on October 2012
- Flying our Talk: Sustainability Standards for Education Abroad
paper presented at the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Conference in Los Angeles, CA on October 2012
- Reflections on Living Routes in Auroville
in Auroville Today, October, 2012
Back to Trainers' Page